Mary and Evangelization
“After receiving the Good News told to her by the Archangel Gabriel, Mary, in her Magnificat, prophetically sings of the mercy whereby God chose her. The Virgin of Nazareth, betrothed to Joseph, thus becomes the perfect icon of the Church which evangelizes, for she was, and continues to be, evangelized by the Holy Spirit, who made her virginal womb fruitful.” – Pope Francis, Message for Lent 2016
Pope Francis has upheld Mary, the Mother of God as an example of both someone who is open to continually be evangelized and as an Evangelist.
3 Ways Mary Teaches Us to be Evangelized
Always Say Yes.
(Luke 1:38) Jesus will ask of you the impossible. When you give Jesus your “yes” he will change your life.
Meditate of God’s Word.
(Luke 2:19) God’s Word will always change you if you take the time to meditate and “store it up” in your heart.
Cling to the Cross.
(John 19:25) The path to new life in Christ always goes through the cross. Allow the sufferings of your life to draw you closer to Jesus.
3 Ways Mary Teaches Us to Evangelize
In all things point to Jesus.
(John 2:5) Obedience to Christ is the beginning of conversion. Encourage others to listen and obey to Jesus.
Don’t wait around, take Jesus to others.
(Luke 1:39) Look for every opportunity to introduce your best friend Jesus to others.
Intercede for others.
Praying for others is critical for evangelization. Spend your day praying for the conversion of people in your life.
Equipping for Mission
- Jun 28, 2019 Mercy and Mission Jun 28, 2019
- May 28, 2019 Become a Questioning Disciple May 28, 2019
- Apr 26, 2019 Small Groups Are Not the Answer Apr 26, 2019
- Apr 10, 2019 Lessons in Parish Leadership from the Cincinnati Reds Apr 10, 2019
- Mar 28, 2019 Mary and Evangelization Mar 28, 2019
- Mar 14, 2019 6 Essential Principles of Prayer for Every Missionary Disciple Mar 14, 2019
- Rounding Third
Seize the Moment
- Jul 2, 2019 The 2 Sides of the Gospel Jul 2, 2019
- Jun 13, 2019 Become an Expectant Disciple Jun 13, 2019
- Jun 3, 2019 The Quiet Man Jun 3, 2019
- May 6, 2019 Mary and Salvation May 6, 2019
- Apr 5, 2019 4 Reasons to Attend the Easter Vigil Apr 5, 2019
- Mar 19, 2019 St. Joseph and Docility of the Spirit Mar 19, 2019
- Mar 8, 2019 Seizing the Moment of Temptation Mar 8, 2019
- Mar 7, 2019 5 Reasons to Rock Your Ashes Mar 7, 2019
- Mar 6, 2019 How to Help Others Discern God's Will Mar 6, 2019
- Mar 1, 2019 Introducing "Seize the Moment" Mar 1, 2019